The College provides facilities of free studentship and scholarships to the deserving meritorious students. Help from Social Service Guild and University students Aid Fund are also given to the meritorious-cum-poor students. Freeship and other financial help can not be claimed as a matter of right. It depends on satisfactory conduct and progress in study. If a student awarded free studentship, fails to receive the same in the current academic session, he can not claim such benefit in the next session.
Further, the deserving meritorious students can avail themselves of any of the scholarships of the State Govt, and Central Govt, as given below.
1. Junior College Merit Scholarship: A) Awarded to the students on the result of Annual H.S.C. Examination. Selection is made purely on merit basis by the State Govt. B) Govt, of India, Merit Scholarship for children of Primary and Secondary Teachers. The Students must have obtained a first class with atleast60% marks in the H.S.C. Examination.
2. Senior College Merit Scholarship: A) Awarded to the students on the result of the Annual +2 Arts/Science/Commerce Examination. The Scholarship is decided purely on merit basis by the State Govt. B) The children of Freedom Fighters who have passed the H.S.C. +2 Arts/Commerce/Science are eligible to apply for stipend provided the monthly income of such free-dom Fighters does not exceed Rs. 300/- in each case. C) Govt, of India post Matric Scholarship to the S.C. and ST. students is also available and the same is distributed by the collector of the District.
3. National Scholarship of Govt, of India: Selection of recipients of this Scholarship is made by the Board of Secondary Education, Orissa on the basis of the result of H.S.C. Examination under intimation to the selected student.
4. Govt, of India Scholarship is awarded to the Blind, Deaf and Orthopaedically handicapped students whose age should be between 13 and 30 and who should have secured at least 40% marks at the previous Annual Examination.
5. State Govt. Stipend: It is awarded to the orthopaedically handicapped students in the post Matric stage on the basis of marks secured at the Annual H.S.C. Examination. The applicants should have secured at least 40% marks and should be within 30 years of age.
6. Govt, of India scholarship to students from non-Hindi speaking states for the post matric studies in Hindi on the results of H.S.C./CHSE. This shall be considered on the basis of performance in the above examination/The main object of this scheme is to encourage the study of Hindi in the non- Hindi speaking states.
7. National Loan Scholarship Scheme: It is available for students inside India only and awarded to students for prosecuting higher studies in the recognised Full time course of the education at the post matric stage. Awards are granted on the result of any of the qualifying examinations conducted by the Board of Secondary Education/C.H,S.E.
8. Book Grant: Under the scheme of education concession to the children and dependants of ex-service personnels, Financial help is given by way of book grant. Value of the scholarship is as detailed below. +2 Stage Rs. 40 /- +3 Degree Stage Rs. 50/- Awards:
The following awards have been instituted by the donors and college Founder's Memorial Committee to the bonafide. students of the college.
1. Chakradhar Award: One Gold plated medal Award sponsored by Sj. Sarat Chandra Mohanty of Itua (Soro) is given to the student securing highest mark in + 3 Arts as the best Arts Graduate of the college every year.
2. Sabitri Award: One Gold plated medal Award sponsored by Dr. Nirod Chandra Mohanty of Itua (Soro) is given to the student securing highest mark in +3 Science as the best Science Graduate of the college every year.
3. Sachindra Award: One Gold plated medai Award Sponsored by Sri Prabodha Chandra Mohanty of Itua (Soro) is given to the student securing highest mark in +3 Commerce as the best Commerce Graduate of the college every year.
4. College Founder's Memorial Award: Six Silver Medal Awards sponsored by the College (Founder's Memorial Committee) are given to the students who secure highest marks in +2 Arts, Science and Commerce and in +3 Arts, Science and Commerce every year excluding the marks of foundation course and anciliary course.
5. Upendra Samman: This award funded by the college is given to the students for securing highest marks in +2Arts, Science and commerce every year.
6. Tapas Memorial Award: Tapas memorial award financed by Ex-MLA Sri Kartik Ch. Mohapatra is given to students for securing highest marks in both +2 and +3 Arts, Science and commerce every year.
7. Gayadhar Award: This award is given to students for getting highest marks in +3 Arts, Science and Commerce classes every year. This is financed by Sri Gayadhar Nayak.
8. Nigamanand Paramhansadev Award: This award is given every year to the student who secures highest marks in +3 Final Degree in Physics Hons. This award is financed by Sri Srikanta Samal, Reader in Physics.
9. Swami Bisuddhananda Saraswatidev Award: This award funded by Sri Srikanta Samal, Reader in Physics is given to the student who secures highest marks in +3 Final Degree in Chemistry Hons every year.
10. Swami Chetanananda Saraswatidev Award: This award funded by Sri Srikanta Samal, Reader in Physics, is given every year to the student who secures highest marks in +3 Final degree in Mathematics (Arts/Science) Hons.
11. Krupasindhu Samman: This award funded by Dr. Hrushikesh Panda, Retd. Reader in Odia, is given every year to the student who secures highest marks in +3, Final Degree in Odia Hons.
12. Mrutyunjaya Award: Mrutyunjaya Award financed by Sri A.K. Sahu, Demn! in Zoology is given to one student passing with Zoology Honours and continuing study either through JAM, or in any of the Universities like JNU, BHU, Viswa Bharati, Delhi Univeristy, Utkal Univerisity, Berhampur University, Sambalpur University, Ravenshaw University or in any of the best 100 Universities mentioned in Readers' Digest.
13. Kamal Lochan Award: This award is funded by Dr. Sudarshan Send, Retd. Reader in Chemistry in honour of his father late Kamal Lochan Send. It is given every year to the sudent securing the highest marks in all subjects of Science stream(+3).
14. Satyabhama Award : This award is also financed by Dr. Sudarshan Send, Retd. Reader in Chemistry in honour of his mother late Satyabhama Send. It is given every year to the student securing highest marks among all students of Arts stream (+3).
15. Shiba Prasad Memorial Award: for Botany Topper.
16. Sambhunath memorial award: This award is sponsored by Bhaskar Chandra Pradhan retired Reader in Phiosophy and is given to the best student in +3,F.D. EXam. in philosphy honours.
17. Subha soumya Memorial award:- This award is funded by Dr. Lalit Ranjan Senapati, Retd. Reader in Odia of this college for the student securing highest marks in +2, 2nd year science.
18. Shree Jaganath Award:- This award has been funded by Sri Santosh Ku. Dash, Retd. Reader in Commerce of this college, It is conferred on the student securing highest marks in +3, F.D.Exam.in Commerce.
19. Annapurna award:- This award is sponsored by Dr. Sangram Ku. Mohapatra and is given to the topper of the Dept. of Economics every year.
20. Kalandi Memorial Award:- This award is funded by Sri Mahewsar Nayak, Retd. Reader Chemistry, U.N.College, Soro in honour of his father and is awarded to the toppper of chemistry in +3 F.D.Exam. each year.
21. Rajendra Award:- This award is sponsored by Sri Jaladhar Parhi, Retd. Reader History of this college and is given to the student securing highest marks in +3 F.D.Exam. in History every year.
22. Kamalakanta & Laxmi Narayan award: This award is sponsored by Sri Bijay Kumar Das.