1. The name of the Association shall be the Upendranath College Students' Dramatic Association, Soro.
2. a) The aims and objectives of the Association shall be to encourage the cultivation of latent talent and dramatic art and technique among the members by arranging theatrical performance. b) To encourage writing plays by members. c) To organise discussions, symposia on drama and various aspects of drama. d) To take such steps and measures for the development of drama as the Executive Committee may decide from time to time.
3. a) All students of the +3 classes of the College are ipso facto members of the Association. b) All members of the staff are honorary members of the Association.
4. The Executive of the Association shall consist of: a) President - (Principal ex-officio) b) Vice-President and Associate Vice-Presidents( to be nominated by the Principal from among the members of the staff.) c) Secretary-Any member of the Students' Union is eligible to contest for the post of Secretary. d) Assistant Secretary-Any member of the Students' Union is eligible to contest for the post of Assistant Secretary. e) i) One representative from each class of Arts, Commerce and Science counted separately. ii) Two representatives from among the women students only. The election shall be held along with the Students' Union Election by separate secret ballot. iii) Office bearers who are examinees of University shall be deemed to have vacated their office by the date they fill in the forms for the respective examination.
5. The Executive Committee shall: i) Prepare the budget for the session. ii) Decide the drama to be performed and fix the date or dates of performance. The decision shall be subject to the Principal's approval. iii) Present a statement of accounts in the Annual General Meeting. iv) Transact all other business incidental to the management of the Association.
6. Further, the Secretary shall convene meeting and keep a record of the proceedings of these meetings.
7. The Asst. Secretary shall assist the Secretary in the discharge of his/her duties and in her/his absence perform all his functions.
8. a) Before a play is staged or a function or a competition for a show is organised, the details shall receive the approval of the Executive Committee and the Principal. b) No rehearsal shall be'deemed proper unless Vice-President and Associate Vice-President are present at such rehearsal. c) No invitation shall be issued or no ticket shall be sold for a play or a show unless the vice-President and the Secretary and Asst. Secretary submit in writing that the standard of performance of the artists and the arrangements are to their satisfaction.
9. The Principal is the final Authority of the Association and may at his discretion alter/amend/supplement or abrogate any or all of these rules.