The following is the Constitution of the Athletic Association of Upendra Nath College, Soro.
1. The name of the Association shall be Upendranath College Students'Athletic Association, Soro.
2. The aims and objectives of the Association shall be to- a) Organise Games, Sports and Athletic Activities. b) Organise Matches, Meets and Tournaments. c) Inculcate a sense of team spirit and sportsmanship among students.
3. a) All students of the +3 classes are ipso facto members of the Association b) All members of the staff are honorary members of the Association.
4. Executive Committee of the Association shall consist of: a) President-Principal (ex-officio) b) Vice-President & Associate Vice-Presidents (To be nominated by the Principal from among the members of the staff). c) Physical Education Teacher. d) Secretary-Any member of the Students' Union is eligible to contest for the post of Secretary. e) Assistant Secretary: Any member of the College is eligible to contest for the post of Asst. Secretary. f) Two representatives from among the women students only. The election shall be held alongwith the Students' Union Election by separate ballot.
5. a) Election shall be held on such date as the Principal shall determine. b) Election shall be conducted and votes recorded and attested In such manner as per the Government notification. c) i) The Vice-President in consulting with the Associate Vice- Presidents and the physical Education Teacher with the approval of the Principal shall nominate the Captain and Vice- Captain. ii) Only such members under category 3(a) above as active players of a game are eligible to be nominated as Captain or Vice-Captain of the game. iii) If the captain or the Vice-captain continuously absents him-self/her-self from the field when games are played/ practised, he/she may be deemed to have ceased to be the captain or Vice-captain, as the case may be.
6. The Secretary shall be responsible for: a) Convening meeting of the Executive Committee and other Sub-Committees. b) Organising activities as under 2 above. c) Maintaining records and proceedings. d) Such other activities, responsibilities and duties, which are assigned by the Executive Committee, Vice-President or Principal under the direct supervision and guidance of the Vice-President.
7. The Assistant Secretary shall assist the Secretary in discharging his/her duties and assume all charges of the Secretary during his/her absence.
8. a) The funds of the Association shall consist of- i) Annual contribution from the students. ii) Voluntary contribution from members. iii) Other contribution/Donations /Aids/ Grants received / raised with the approval of the executive committee and with the approval of the Principal. b) The Principal shall be the administrator of the funds. c) The Physical Education Teacher under the direct supervision of the Vice-President shall maintain the accounts of the Association.
9. The Vice-President shall be the Superintendent of all games, Sports & athletic activities.
10. The Secretary and the Assistant Secretary can not be the Captain or Vice-Captain of any game.
11. Before a game or sport or other athletic activity is organised, the details shall receive the approval of the Principal.
12. The Captain Shall: i) Select player for friendly and competitive matches and meets. ii) Be responsible for the conduct of the players. iii) The Vice-Captain shall assist the Captain in discharging his duties and functions and shall assume the charge of the captain during his absence.
13. The Physical Education Teacher shali- a) Copy all invoice in the cash Book b) Maintain accounts of the Athletic funds. c) Maintain records of the sports goods and other assets of the Association. d) Look after the Playground. e) Look after the programmes of the activities of the Association. f) Do such other work in connection with the activities of the Association as the Vice-President or the Principal may assign to him.
14. The Captain shall select players for each game on the recommendation of the Sub-Committee (One Sub-committee for each game) consisting of the following members. a) Vice-President b) Officer-in-charge of the game to be nominated by the Principal. c) Secretary d) Captain
15. a) The College Blue Committee will consist of the following members. i) Vice-President (Chairman) ii)Associate Vice-Presidents and Officer-in-Charge of various games, and iii) Physical Education Teacher. b) The Vice-President shall be the convenor of the committee and the committee will meet after the games, sports and other athletic activities of the session are over. c) The Committee shall recommend to the Principal for award of College Blues. The Committee shall consider. i) Performance in games and ii) Conduct on the filed considering names for the award. d) A Person shall not be considered for the award of College Blue more than once in a particular game during his/her studentship in the College e) College Blue in a particular game may not be awarded in a particular year if suitable candidates are not available.
16. a) An All Round cup may be awarded to a student who has creditably played for the college in atleast four major games in a year. If athletic is one of the items the student must stand first atleast in one major event in the Annual Athletic Meet of the College. b) The Blue committee shall recommend for the award of All round Cup on the Principles of recommendation for award of college Blue as under 16(a) & (b).
17. The college Blue and All Round Cup shall be awarded after the Principal approves the recommendations of the committee.
18. The Principal shall be the final authority of the Association